Multiple Listing Service of Greater Las Vegas
Monthly Statistics September 2016
Below are some highlights from the September Single Family Residential Sales Statistics:
- Total Sales Volume during September was more than $782 million for homes. Compared to one year ago, total sales values in September were up 11.7 percent for homes.
- The Average Sales Price this month was $267,227 from $269,265 in August, a 0.76% decrease.
- In September, 4.6% of all local sales were short sales. That’s down from 6.8% one year ago.
- Total Under Contract decreased by 7.3%.
- Total Unit Sales decreased this month by 6% going from 3,056 in August to 2,871 in September.
- The Median Sales Price decreased slightly to $234,950.
- New Listings decreased 10% from August.
- Average days on market is at 47 days.
- 76.1% of all existing single family homes sold within 60 days, consistent with the 2.5 month market absorption rate, making Las Vegas a sellers market.
- Cash Sales equaled 25.6% of the homes sold, a decrease from 26.8% one year ago.
To find out what your home is worth click here.
To see all homes for sale click here.
Source: Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS®
DISCLAIMER: This data is based on information from the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® (GLVAR) Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. MLS collects, compiles and distributes information about homes listed for sale by its subscribers who are real estate agents. MLS subscription is available to all real estate agents licensed in Nevada, but is not available to the general public. Not all licensed agents subscribe to the MLS. MLS does not include all new homes available or listings from non-MLS agents, nor does it include properties for sale by owner. The territorial jurisdiction of the GLVAR as a member of the National Association of REALTORS® includes Clark, Nye, Lincoln and White Pine Counties, Nevada, and such other areas as from time to time may be allocated to the GLVAR by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®.